Hi! Zoho Forms Questions About Deny/Approve

Hi I am new to this forum but have taken some of Paul’s WONDERFUL introductory trainings on Zoho CRM.

I am self-employed solopreneur (at the moment) in the US. I look forward to the opportunity to interact with this community where we can learn from each other, hopefully!

My biggest challenge at the moment is with Zoho Forms:

I am using Forms as a mechanism to allow an assistant to get data into the CRM and have a couple questions about the Deny/Approve process.

1. When I Deny the submission I enter a reason - like they missed a field or something is incorrect. I want them to fix the problem before allowing the data into the CRM. What I can’t figure out is how to communicate that reason to the assistant. It seems the reason only sits on the deny/approval form where no one but the approval team can see it. Do you have a recommendation?

2. When the assistant returns to the form to make an update, I am not seeing an option for the form being resubmitted for approval again. So how do I know that the change has been made and the form update is complete? Related to this issue, how do I revert a denied status to approved so the data will be sent into the CRM after the correction has been made?

I have posted these questions to the Zoho Forms Forum but alas it is sitting in the “pending moderation review” bucket for a day now.

Truly appreciate any insight any of you in this community may be able to offer!

Best,
GloB

1 Like

Good question @GloB and welcome to the forum.
Let me take a poke around and see what I can work out. It’s not something I’ve looked into before.

Hi,

I figured out the answer to question 1.
QUESTION:
“When I Deny the submission I enter a reason - like they missed a field or something is incorrect. I want them to fix the problem before allowing the data into the CRM. What I can’t figure out is how to communicate that reason to the assistant. It seems the reason only sits on the deny/approval form where no one but the approval team can see it.”

ANSWER:
Within the Zoho Forms App, if one goes to
APPROVALS / APPROVAL SETTINGS / FINAL DENIAL EMAIL
there is a box that allows you to add a merge field (box with a + sign). If you scroll to the very bottom, there is a merge field called DENIAL REASON that can be entered into the body of the email message.

In the FINAL APPROVAL EMAIL, the merge field found at the very bottom is APPROVAL REASON.

I performed a test run with the denial reason merge field and this works!

No luck so far on question 2, though.

Hi,

I have a WORK AROUND for issue 2:

It’s not pretty but it does work
Step 1: Change the Name of the “Deny” button (within Approval Settings) to “Do Not Click.” You will not use the Deny Button.
Step 2: When you receive the alert about a form awaiting your review, conduct the review BUT…
Step 2A: If it is all okay, Click APPROVE and the data will go into the CRM
OR
Step 2B: IF IT NEEDS CORRECTING:
Contact the assistant about the change to make. Leave the approval form alone; it will stay as pending.
When the change has been made, you will receive an email that the form was updated.
Then go back to your email with the link to the form you are reviewing.
You will see that the change was made.
If it is correct this time, now you can APPROVE it.

If someone gets a better solution, please post it!

Thanks,
GloB

This is great. I’m taking a look into this now. To see if I can see a better option to help.

Solution for Question 2!

I stumbled across this by accident but it is the way to restart the approval on a form that has been denied.

1. Go to FORMS / Select the form of interest / ALL ENTRIES.

2. Select the checkbox next to the form record that was originally denied, which you now want to change.

3. Click button, RESTART APPROVAL PROCESS.

4. Say, “yes” when the popup asks if you are sure.

5. You will get the email letting you know the record is awaiting your review (assuming you have already put in place the email notifications).

6. Click the link in the email and proceed like usual for approval.

Wow! They sure hide that functionality! And, nothing in the knowledge-base or community forum I could find on the subject.

Cheers!
GloB

Ah great nice job working it out.
I had a quick look and was going to come back to this.
Are you all sorted now?
Thanks for sharing.